Rapid Water Quality Examination Complex System
WAT LC RT-PCR Workflow System allows rapid determination of different microbiological parameters of water samples. Water quality examination system includes qualitative detection of bacteria belonging to Enterobacteriaceae family (ENB system) or to the Pseudomonas aeruginosa species (PSA system).
WAT LC RT-PCR Workflow System uses automated nucleic acid purification and PCR set up and automated detection and result reporting. Kit is optimized for 7-30 sample analyses simultaneously in a single run. Duration of the examination from sampling to results is approximately 20-24 hours including 16 hours pre-cultivation. Sample volume is 250 ml and the preparation includes a filtration step.
The WAT LC RT-PCR Workflow System Kit includes:
- WAT Pre-cultivation Kit
Sample preparation starts with a filtration step. After the filtration, the filter membrane is put onto the surface of Nutrient agar plate and put into the incubator for pre-cultivation. After the pre-cultivation the membrane is transferred to puffer in 1 ml pre-cultivation tube where it is processed henceforward: free nucleic acids are eliminated then the intact cells are disrupted prior to nucleic acid isolation.
- WAT Isolation Kit
WAT Isolation Kit is designed for the purification of genomic DNA of target bacteria from water samples using the MagNA Pure LC Instrument or the NIMBUS4 MMMBP Intrument. The purified high molecular weight DNA is used for Enterobacteriaceae detection Real-Time PCR Kit and for Pseudomonas aeruginosa detection Real-Time PCR Kit.
- Enterobacteriaceae detection Real-Time PCR Kit (ENB system kit)
The Enterobacteriaceae detection Real-Time PCR Kit is specifically developed for real-time, online PCR using Hybridization Probes. Enterobacteriaceae DNA is amplified with specific primers designed for the conservative region of the Enterobacteriaceae genome. The amplicon is detected by fluorescence using a specific pair of Hybridization Probes. Hybridization Probes are used also for distinguishing the different Enterobacteriaceae genera.
Fig 1. Melting peaks of different Enterobacteriaceae genera
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa detection Real-Time PCR Kit (PSA system kit)
The Pseudomonas aeruginosa detection Real-Time PCR Kit is based on the amplification of DNA region selectively from Pseudomonas aeruginosa and signal detection of probes constructed as Hybridisation Probes for the amplified product.
Fig 2. Detection of P. aeruginosa strains
Key features of our system:
- Fast: Result can be gained even within 3 hours.
- Throughput of the LC RT-PCR Workflow System: 60 bottles / 1.5 h
- Sensitive: Even the presence of one single cell of unwanted microorganism in the 250 ml sample can be detected.
- Specific: While all of spoilage microorganisms are detected, harmless microorganisms out of interest do not affect the result due to specific hybridization probes.
- Automated processes
- Automatic evaluation and interpretation of results
- Electronic storage of data
- Effective tool for both Quality assurance and Root Cause analysis
- Flexible system