” Coca-Cola Hellenic considers real time Polymerase Chain reaction technology (RT PCR) is one of the most effective method currently available which can provide quick reproducible results with a high level of confidence and reliability across a broad range of aseptic beverages. The specifically developed beverage test kits are proven to be an effective tool for both Quality assurance and Root Cause analysis whilst being an essential element to ensure food safety. It is flexible and can be used to assess a wide spectrum of potential microbiological spoilage organisms accurately. We are confident that science based, thorougly validated test kits applied in some of our aseptic operations provide us with a competitive advantage. We are also committed to continue with the partnership in the fields of research and development of new molecular based analytical technologies.”Dr. Zoltan Syposs, Group Quality Manager, Coca-Cola Hellenic
FUN LC RT-PCR Workflow System Kit
This kit allows you the rapid detection of viable yeasts and moulds from beverage products like juices, teas, energy drinks or concentrates. The workflow system uses automated nucleic acid purification, automated PCR set up and automated detection and identification in results reporting. The results can be gained within 3 hours from colonies and 2,5 days from final beverage products. The throughput of the system is 60 bottles per 1,5 hour.
This kit detects all yeasts and moulds, relevant yeasts and moulds can be distinguished e.g. Candida parapsilosis, Candida pseudointermedia, Debaryomyces hansenii, Dekkera spp., Metschnikowia pulcherrima, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Zygosaccharomyces spp., Yarrowia lipolitica, Aspergillus spp., Mucor spp., Paecylomyces spp., Penicillium spp., Rhizopus spp., Talaromyces spp., Trichoderma spp., Ulocladium spp.
Differentiation of yeasts and moulds
Detection of yeasts and moulds from filterable and non-filterable beverage products. Identification of relevant yeasts and moulds. Detection and identification of yeasts and moulds is carried out in one step.
The FUN LC RT-PCR Workflow System Kit includes:
- FUN Pre-cultivation Kit
- FUN Isolation Kit
- Yeast and Mould detection Real-Time PCR Kit.
FUN Pre-cultivation Kit is specifically developed for Yeast & Mould cultivation, enzymatic treatment and cell-disruption for non-filterable and filterable samples prior to Nucleic Acid Isolation in FUN LC RT-PCR Workflow System. Yeast & Mould are cultivated at selective conditions. After the pre-cultivation the free nucleic acids are eliminated then the intact cells are disrupted prior to nucleic acid isolation.
FUN Isolation Kit is designed for the purification of genomic DNA of fungi from bottled final beverage products, water or culture cells. The purified high molecular weight DNA is used for Yeast and Mould detection Real-Time PCR Kit.
Yeast and Mould detection Real-Time PCR Kit was specifically developed for real-time, online PCR using Hybridization Probes. Yeast and Mould DNA is amplified with specific primers designed for the conservative region of the Fungi genome. The amplicon is detected by fluorescence using a specific pair of Hybridization Probes.
Sample material: There is no need to separate any sample components (e.g. fruit fibers) before the process which separation would mean the risk to lose contaminants attached to the separated components. Our system provides you the possibility to analyze the total contents of your sample even if it is 100% fruit juice with pulp.
- bottled final beverage products (filterable and non-filterable including 100% fruit juices with pulp)
- pure cultures (e.g., colonies)
- water samples
- swab samples
Key features of our system:
- Fast: Result can be gained even within 3 hours.
- Robust: 100ml can be examined even from non-filterable beverages.
- Throughput of the LC RT-PCR Workflow System: 60 bottles / 1.5 h
- Detection and identification of the contaminants in one step
- Sensitive: Even the presence of one single cell of unwanted microorganism in the sample can be detected and identified.
- Specific: While all of spoilage microorganisms are detected, harmless microorganisms out of interest do not affect the result due to specific hybridization probes.
- The same kit and protocol can be used for filterable and for non-filterable samples.
- Automated processes
- Automatic evaluation and interpretation of results
- Electronic storage of data
- Effective tool for both Quality assurance and Root Cause analysis
- Flexible system
- Reproducible results
- FUN LC RT-PCR Workflow System Kit Safety Data Sheet
- Differentiation of yeasts and moulds using MMM Beverage Partner’s FUN LC RT-PCR Workflow System
- Detection and identification of viable spoilage Yeasts and Moulds