” Coca-Cola Hellenic considers real time Polymerase Chain reaction technology (RT PCR) is one of the most effective method currently available which can provide quick reproducible results with a high level of confidence and reliability across a broad range of aseptic beverages. The specifically developed beverage test kits are proven to be an effective tool for both Quality assurance and Root Cause analysis whilst being an essential element to ensure food safety. It is flexible and can be used to assess a wide spectrum of potential microbiological spoilage organisms accurately. We are confident that science based, thorougly validated test kits applied in some of our aseptic operations provide us with a competitive advantage. We are also committed to continue with the partnership in the fields of research and development of new molecular based analytical technologies.”Dr. Zoltan Syposs, Group Quality Manager, Coca-Cola Hellenic
MMM Beverage Partner’s ACB LC RT-PCR Workflow System allows rapid detection of viable thermo-, acidophilic bacteria belonging to the genus of Alicyclobacillus from filterable and non-filterable beverage products (juices, teas, energy drinks, concentrates). The workflow system uses automated nucleic acid purification, automated PCR set up and automated detection and identification in results reporting. The results can be gained within 3 hours from colonies and 2,5 days from final beverage products. The throughput of the system is 60 bottles per 1,5 hour. This kit detects all bacteria belonging to Alicyclobacillus genus and identifies automatically the following Alicyclobacillus species: A. acidiphilus, A. acidocaldarius, A. acidoterrestris, A. cycloheptanicus, A. contaminans, A. fastidiosus, A. herbarius, A. hesperidum, A. macrosporangiidus, A. sacchari, A. pomorum. Detection and identification of Alicyclobacillus bacteria is carried out in one step.
Identification of different Alicyclobacillus bacteria
The ACB LC RT-PCR Workflow System Kit includes:
- ACB Pre-cultivation Kit
- ACB Isolation Kit
- Alicyclobacillus detection and identification Real-Time PCR Kit
ACB Pre-cultivation Kit is specifically developed for Alicyclobacillus bacteria cultivation, enzymatic treatment and cell-disruption for non-filterable and filterable samples prior to nucleic acid Isolation. Alicyclobacillus bacteria are cultivated at selective conditions. After pre-cultivation, free nucleic acids are eliminated then the intact cells are disrupted.
ACB Isolation Kit is designed for the purification of genomic DNA of Alicyclobacilli from concentrates or bottled final beverage products, water or culture cells by using the MagNA Pure LC 2.0 Instrument. The purified high molecular weight DNA is used for Alicyclobacillus detection and identification Real-Time PCR Kit.
Alicyclobacillus detection and identification Real-Time PCR Kit is specifically developed for real-time, online PCR using Hybridization Probes. Alicyclobacillus DNA is amplified with specific primers designed for the conservative region of the Alicyclobacillus bacterial genome. The amplicon is detected by fluorescence using a specific pair of Hybridization Probes. Hybridization Probes are used for identification of the different Alicyclobacillus species.
Sample material: There is no need to separate any sample components (e.g. fruit fibers) before the process which separation would mean the risk to lose contaminants attached to the separated components. Our system provides you the possibility to analyze the total contents of your sample even if it is 100% fruit juice.
- bottled final beverage products (filterable and non-filterable including 100% fruit juices)
- pure cultures (e.g., colonies)
- water samples
- swab samples
Key features of our system:
- Fast: Result can be gained even within 3 hours.
- Robust: 100ml can be examined even from non-filterable beverages.
- Throughput of the LC RT-PCR Workflow System: 60 bottles / 1.5 h
- Detection and identification of the contaminants in one step
- Sensitive: Even the presence of one single cell of unwanted microorganism in the sample can be detected and identified.
- Specific: While all of spoilage microorganisms are detected, harmless microorganisms out of interest do not affect the result due to specific hybridization probes.
- The same kit and protocol can be used for filterable and for non-filterable samples.
- Automated processes
- Automatic evaluation and interpretation of results
- Electronic storage of data
- Effective tool for both Quality assurance and Root Cause analysis
- Flexible system
- Reproducible results
- ACB LC RT-PCR Workflow System Kit Safety Data Sheet
- Identification of Alicyclobacillus bacteria using MMM Beverage Partner s ACB LC RT-PCR Workflow System
- Detection and identification of viable spoilage thermo-, acidophilic Alicyclobacillus bacteria